He is recognized nationally as well as internationally as an expert in the field of nephrology and kidney transplantation. Dr Abi Abraham M has more than 23 years of experience both as a clinician and academician. He has wide range of experience in renal transplantation, critical care nephrology, vasculitis, lupus and electrolyte disorders. He has been awarded three prestigious fellowships, has widely cited publications in peer reviewed journals, memberships in many renal societies and held administrative positions in organizations.
- MBBS from Christian Medical College & Hospital Vellore (University of Madras).
- MD (General Medicine) from Christian Medical College & Hospital Vellore (Dr.MGR Medical University).
- DM (Nephrology) from Christian Medical College & Hospital Vellore (Dr.MGR Medical University).
- DNB (Nephrology) from National Board of Examinations.
- FRCP (Glasgow, UK),
- FASN (American Society of Nephrology)
- FISN (Indian Society of Nephrology)
- Managed to do nearly 1000 renal transplants in Lakeshore hospital in the last 10 years.
- Successfully carried out several complex kidney transplants including sensitized, re-transplant, elderly transplant and paediatric transplants.
- Manage to perform nearly 150 renal transplants every year.
- Developed Lakeshore hospital as the biggest set up for critical care nephrology and as the centre performing largest number of CRRT in the state of Kerala.
- Has large number of patients with chronic kidney disease, vasculitis, lupus and fluid and electrolyte disorders on follow up.
- Associate Professor of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- Awarded fellowship of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow,UK).
- Awarded fellowship of American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- Fellow of the Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Member of several national and international renal and transplant societies.
- Has several publications in national and international journals on optimizing immunosuppression, infections in the transplant recipients, lupus nephritis and fluid and electrolyte disorders, which are widely cited.
- President of the Nephrology Association of Kerala (NAK)
- Secretary of the Nephrology Association of Kerala (NAK)
- Executive member of Indian Society of Nephrology Nephrology Sothern Chapter (ISNSC)
- Several prizes as undergraduate student.
- Prize for best clinical student in Internal Medicine.
- Stood first in the country for examination for diplomate of the national board (DNB)